Temporary New Pet

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mossonthemoon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a new member of the household... temporarily. There was a sad looking pigeon outside my house, which we noticed when she had landed right next to my son. I put rice out for her but she was very slow and in obvious need of help. So I have sought the advice from some pigeon lovers and am currently attempting to nurse her back to health. I keep saying her but I don't know that she is definitely a she. I don't want to do too much investigation until I am sure she is relaxed. Just thought I would share. :lol:

Hi, just be careful with pigeons look at this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/east/series1/pigeon-pest.shtml

Thanks! I will be fine. I am pretty practised at helping wild animals. The pigeon is a first, but I have some people who do it regularly helping me out (online).

aww i hope she/he gets back to health soon :good:

Aww!! Good that you're saving a life out there that needs the save! <3 That's why I like to do too. I save livessssssssss. MANY lives, acutally. I saved many gecko lives (weird..right?) but it was either they were badly injured by my evil cat or it was too cold and they weren't movin. Glad to know they someone out there likes to save lives like me!! :)

i nursed a pigeon once and it's wing was half torn off and eventually it had to be put down, and its still buried in the backyard. :'(

Oh, that's sad, Tankboomshazam. :( It was nice you tried though. Blitz, we seem to be a magnet for injured wild animals. I think I always have been.

"My" pigeon looked really bright yesterday morning. I think the solution I made helped a lot (water, honey, salt). I had someone with pet pigeons pick her up, and she is in a small cage now, waiting to get her wing splinted. She has a nice pigeon food mix now, and will eventually be released back near my house. I think the rest in a warm house alone made a big difference, though!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back