Temperature For Guppies

bluesword23516

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey! I was just wondering what the best temperature for my tank is.  I have guppies, mollies, tetras, and an algae eater.  Is there a "perfect spot" for the temperature? 

I think the "perfect spot" for that group of fish would be around 78 f give or take a degree. Guppies and mollies like warmer water but it doesn't have to be extremely warm and I'm pretty sure all of those fish would be just happy at around 78 f.

I myself have two mollies and several guppies and at 74-78 f they are very lively and thriving.  

One is a dalmatian molly and the other looks to be like a sailfin dalmatian molly. Typically all mollies do well in the 72-82 f water

What is the 'algae eater'?

Can't really recommend ideal temps if we don't know what species of fish it is!

I usually keep my tanks at 80 f with my guppies, or they don't bred very readily or are sluggish.  But I'm not sure about your algae eater. 

bluesword23516 said:
Hey! I was just wondering what the best temperature for my tank is.  I have guppies, mollies, tetras, and an algae eater.  Is there a "perfect spot" for the temperature? 

The ideal temperature for your tank/fish 76f.

fish48 said:

The ideal temperature for your tank/fish 76f.

As a rule 76-78 is best

I personally. keel mine lower and still have happy fish

Same as Helterskelter... they seem to sparkle more in the lower 70s F.

My guppies live with tetra, platies and guppy/platy fry at 82 degrees

It is usually 80 but apparently fry grow better in slightly higher temperatures.

higher temperatures doesn’t necessarily mean the fry will grow better  it encourages the fry to grow a lot faster by doing it can cause many as problems and often shorten their life span. Guppies will often be healthier and live longer when kept in lower temperatures.  temperature of 76f or lower is more suitable for your fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back