Temp High

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sparkler

Reaction score
Hello all.
The temp in my tank is a bit high due to the warm weather we are having at long last lol,
my question is, can someone tell me how best to get it down.
Could i lower the heater down or is there a better way of doing it.
Also regarding another question i posted in emergancy about one of my giant danios hanging around near surface & gasping,could this be partly causing the danio to gasp all the time.
I hope someone can advise me about getting temp down.
Thanks in advance.
:D

Hi Sparkler.

Check out the "Tropical Emergencies" section. Lots of Ideas in there on cooloing tanks.

Dolphin
iru.gif

If there is no threat of your fish jumping out, take the lid off for a while and have a normal household fan pointed at an angle at the water on low setting. It has worked wonders for me. :thumbs:

:blink:
If your fish are coming up to the top alot and gasping for air - this could mean a few things,either your tank is dirty and u need to do a water change, and/or you really need something pumping more air through your tank.A filter just dosent suffice,even though it does help.
I would say turn your heater down a notch for the hotter weather,our heater never seems to come on lately as the temp has been warm enough to keep teh tank at its right temp.good for the power! :D seeing as we will have 3 tanks anytime soon. :blink:

Starry^ :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back