Tell Me About Gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

phoenixgsd

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i have moved several of my fish to two other tanks, one for each childs bedroom, and i was thinking about getting a gourami or two for my 300L what type, if any will go with my existing stock? i have harlequin rasboras khuli loaches a male swordtail few cherry barbs, and cherry shrimp,

dwarf honey gouramis are perfect and are immune to gourami disease and are the least agressive ones. males are agressive with each other so a pair or single in my opinion. 

ncguppy830 said:
dwarf honey gouramis are perfect and are immune to gourami disease and are the least agressive ones. males are agressive with each other so a pair or single in my opinion.
:huh:
Do you mean honey gouramis are immune to DGD disease? It remains a mystery what a ' dwarf honey gourami ' actually is.

I would do pearls instead of honeys, in a 300 liter they will make more of an impact as they are bigger and are more heavily built. :)

TallTree01 said:

huh.png

Do you mean honey gouramis are immune to DGD disease? It remains a mystery what a ' dwarf honey gourami ' actually is.

I would do pearls instead of honeys, in a 300 liter they will make more of an impact as they are bigger and are more heavily built.
smile.png

arnt pearls the bigger ones, wouldnt they eat my shrimp, the honey gouramis are the yellow ones arnt they? ive seen them they are pretty but its more temperment thats important, are honeys ok, could i get one or two males of either of these?

The pearls are just as peaceful.
The honeys probably won't fight between males. No garuntees though. :)

TallTree01 said:

huh.png

I would do pearls instead of honeys, in a 300 liter they will make more of an impact as they are bigger and are more heavily built.
smile.png

ive read that a honey gourami is smaller than a dg and is immune to the dgd

I've kept dwarf in my 200 litre community tank with amano shrimp, no issues.
Got an opaline gourami in there now, lovely fish but a bit of a bully with my keyhole cichlid. Leaves everyone else alone though!

ncguppy830 said:
:huh:
I would do pearls instead of honeys, in a 300 liter they will make more of an impact as they are bigger and are more heavily built. :)
ive read that a honey gourami is smaller than a dg and is immune to the dgd

Thhat's true. But I've know clue what a ' honey dwarf gourami ' is. It may be a hybrid, it may be some guys attempt at selling infected dwarf gouramis.

i have cherry shrimp, much smaller pickings for any fish, hence my initial question, so do i get 2 honeys or 2 pearls....ummmmm decisions decisions

They may eat the shrimpletes, but pearls may be too lazy to go after them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back