Techens 120l Planted tanky tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

techen

Wolf Overlord
Reaction score
So, Am back after a long break and a house move later. Bought a nice little 120l Juwel cube that was on sale, Went straight to painting the back and sides, Threw in my fav substrate and just made a mess of the landscape just to get a foot in the door.

tumblr_orcxemN1O11vk73hyo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_orcxemN1O11vk73hyo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_orcxemN1O11vk73hyo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_orcxemN1O11vk73hyo2_1280.jpg

I promise for a better looking tank once my 10kg of dragon stone comes.

And incase anyone is wondering what I use for growing.

tumblr_orcxemN1O11vk73hyo1_1280.jpg

If you buy this stuff never dose the fret one weekly, Cut it down to daily dosing with the carbon and you'll get amazing growth.

Am also tempted to through in a 50W LED flood light in there with my T5s, We shall see...

Beautiful fish and tank! Is that a three spot gourami?

Neat little set up and nice choice of plants which i know will grow well in your soft water with those ferts.

Be nice to see a pic of this when the plants have grown out and dragon stones added will add a nice wee dimension to the tank.

Nice to see you around again :p

Beautiful fish and tank! Is that a three spot gourami?

Ja, It is and thanks.

Neat little set up and nice choice of plants which i know will grow well in your soft water with those ferts.

Be nice to see a pic of this when the plants have grown out and dragon stones added will add a nice wee dimension to the tank.

Nice to see you around again :p

Didn't know you still lurked around here, Nice too see ya

tumblr_os0qs3EhMN1vk73hyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_os0r38qRwx1vk73hyo1_540.jpg

Still messing with the scape abit and the floodlight LED is insanely bright :V

28 quid for 50w, 6300k. Am going to study plant growth. It should have better pen over the T5 lights in the tank and produce way better light over the T5s too. If all goes well I might go for twin 50W = 100w of pure LED madness.

Last edited:
Another update, Got my CO2 FE for 10 quid off gumtree. Grabbed a Solenoid/two gauge reg off ebay for 44 quid too.

So total cost of CO2 Kit for me was 60 quid for 2kg. I'll be going high tech once everything comes.

Wow, 50w of LED IS bright!! :lol:

Would hold off getting up to 100w until you see how the plants are fairing first with the addition of Co2 and ferts.

Good luck with that.

£60 for a 2kg FE set up is not bad at all, last year I paid in all £65 for everything, FE, solenoid reg, bubble counter, drop checker, decent co2 airline etc, just simply buying stuff off ebay and shopping around, took a wee while to get everything but got there in end. I understand why buying Co2 kit from LFS is expensive considering the amount of time searching for half decent stuff at a reasonable price, some of these prices I saw were insane!

I like the stones and set up you have now, looks good :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back