Tanks of the Month

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
And where do I view the previous TOTY winners?

In 2019, the winner of December's TOTM was announced on 23 December. Voting for TOTY began on 24 December and the winner announced on 1 January 2020. The prize for that was a $50 Amazon gift card.

Scroll down the competition forum and you'll find them

I have just realised that Fishmanic has also won TOTM, before he too became a mod.

I also have a TOTM winner badge. I got it in January of 2019 , a couple of months before I became a mod and started running the contests. Since then the contests have been thriving as more members enter and vote. Last FOTM contest , we had 118 members votes..a new record!

In April, we will feature tanks sized at 17 to 29 US gallons. Then in May we will feature tanks 30 US gallons and above.

While I have your attention, if you haven't already voted, please vote in our present TOTM contest. https://www.fishforums.net/threads/vote-now-march-2020-tank-of-the-month-nano-tanks-only.456976/

Last edited:
... Most commercial companies which offer prizes for a competition say in the small print that employees and their families are not permitted to enter. Similarly it is a long standing practice that mods should not be eligible for a prize, so they can't take part in TOTM competitions just in case they win, and then go on to that year's TOTY competition.
Basically you are concerned about a conflict of interest with people thinking the mods possibly cheated or did something naughty so they win the tank of the year prize.

I really don't think anyone here is that way inclined and I personally don't have any objection to mods entering the competitions. Other people might but you would have to ask them or do a poll.

If you are really concerned, then just say the mods can't accept the prize if they win. At least they get to enter and we can see their tanks.

Here is the Tank of the Year contest for 2019 . Lilyann was voted as the winner by our members. Over 100 votes were cast.

You don't have to enter the contest for people to see your tanks. There is a section for Members' Aquarium and Fish pictures where you can show us your tanks and fish. Also you can start a journal for your tank in another area of the forums set up just for Journals.

Last edited:
Here is the Tank of the Year contest for 2019 . Lilyann was voted as the winner by our members. Over 100 votes were cast.
So exited for it, really want a prize :yahoo:

So we get to vote once
So each time I vote for each of the eight tanks I will only vote for it once, right? ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back