Tank update pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishkeeperLinz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all. Thought it was about time to post an update on the tanks. I have a tendency to go from biggest to smallest, and I see no reason to change that now.

55gal/200ltr.
This one featured in this month's competition. I wanted to keep it as natural as possible slightly tanin stained. It has alder cones and almond leaves and after switching from gravel to sand, I kept some of the larger gravel stones and added them back, to give it a more "authentic", "natural" feel. It's been compared to a jungle, and I like that.

This is what it looked like before;
IMG_20200506_165547.jpg

And now;
IMG_20200809_100155_478.jpg

120ltr/32gal tank
This one's still a work in progress. I got distracted by the next project, :blush: but will be turning my attention back to this one at the end of this month. When finished, it'll have a lost city of Atlantis theme

Before
IMG_20200523_161107.jpg

After
IMG_20200809_094601.jpg

Rocky the male Pearl Gourami kept knocking his column over, so it stays down now. :fun::rofl:. I know I could use aquarium silicone to glue it to the piece of driftwood it was supposed to stand on, but I'd rather it fell than Rocky (or his new female companion ;) ) injure themselves on it.

15gal/60ltr
The last time you all seen this tank it was sad, lonely and barren...
IMG_20200603_160619_807.jpg

Not anymore...
IMG_20200805_130430.jpg

This is my filterless tank experiment. It has 3 lyrerail Killifish (A. Australe) and I keep a close eye on ammonia levels. So far (Day 10) there have been no spikes, but I do water changes every other day anyway.

Thanks for looking. :)

Lot of good plant growth, your tanks look better. My 55 that I changed from gravel to sand a month ago I add some hornwort to the tank just to deal with any ammonia that may appear since I also added 22 neon tetra to it.

Looks good..what device did you used to take pics?
helpful picture taking hint: turn off room lights when taking pics and try it without using flash...if you do use flash, do not take pic straight on as you will get reflections of the flash, set the focus of the device on large object in the center of the tank such as large plant, driftwood etc, clean glass before taking pics, also try to frame pic so leds of tank light are not in the picture

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back