Tank Unlevel Whats The Best Remedy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

denzil1nil

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So i just started filling my new tank and after halfway ive noticed the waters quite unlevel.

Whats the best way to level it out without having to take up the carpet and work on the floor itself.

id say theres about an inch or two differnce between the the water on the left side compared to the right

I have to admit that would annoy me as well, I could maybe cope with it leaning front to back but side to side would aggravate my OCD
wacko.gif

thats my prob im a bit ocd and its driving me nuts allready just glad i was only testing the tank for leaks and i wasnt actually setting up with gravel plants ect.

Can you move it? Or boost up one side of the stand - that seems a little precarious though

we've got a great harware/DIY section just for this sort of thing.....so I'll move it there.

not really got anywhere else to put it so i was hoping for suggestions for the best way to raise it I havent a clue what to do.

The cabinet also has feet on so would i put something directly under the tank or under the cabinet???

if the water level is an inch out of level you need an inch of timber under two of the legs, lowest end. You could first empty the tank to a third or less to allow you to lift up the stand. Then simply measure down from top of tank to water level when both the same its level.
If less than an inch off cuts of plywood are good packers.

Thanks tribal that was what i was thinking but wasnt sure if its safe with tha cabinet being on feet.

The tanks a 4ft fluval so im a bit worried about the weight leaning to one side when its full

are the cabinet feet adjustable? If not just pack each foot. A 3" square bit of ply or two would be fine.

cool ill check the if the feet are adjustable when i empty it if not packers it is.

Thanks guys :)

It's not fancy, but 1" thick Styrofoam insulation is what I do to make sure my tanks level out. Just put a sheet under the tank, on top of the stand and the weight spreads itself naturally.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back