Tank Temps

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dominicbeha

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick question, whats the best temps for ur tanks?

mines sat at 81/82 (27/28c)

im wondering about reducing the temp?

any ideas?

depends what fish you have ? ? ?

for most tropical fish, between 22c - 28c, with 25c being ideal.

i think 28c would be max for any sort of tropical fish. if your heater is set at 27/28c, dosn't your water temp rise through the day a cppl of degree's with heat from the light ect ??? if so, id lower it to 25c.

mines set at 25c, by end of day its 27c with the light being on & heat from room temp ect.

I keep mine at about 78F, not sure what that translates into celcius. :crazy: I've kept mine at 80/81F before, but found they were eating like pigs since the higher temperature increases their metabolism.

Mine hits 79.9°F while the light's on. Dunno what it is when it's off. I keep trying to set mine at 78 while it's on, but it won't hit that mark; and oh no—winter's on its way, and this will be my first winter with fish. It seems to be the same temperature now that it's autumn as it was in the summer; but when winter gets here, I'll be having my room-heater on while I'm home, and off while I'm working. So I guess the temps will have to fluctuate dramatically for the fish `cos I won't leave heat on in the house while I work. Too many homes have burned down `cos of that.

many thanks

whats the best temp for breeding?

I haven't found a temperature (within reason) at which they WON'T breed! :lol: In the past 8 months I've had at least one female holding continuously. I've found that they spawn most often after a large water change with cold water (simulating a rain shower). They do well in the 77-80F range.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back