Tank size?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ochopys

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a 3 gallon tank for my male crowntail betta, but recently my mom bought me 4 females as a present and she put them in the same tank.
I am currently debating buying a bigger tank with her, but she refuses to get anything over 5 gallons.
Would having such a small tank affect their health or their well-being in general?

firstly you shouldnt have a male betta in with any others as this will cause in fighting, unless is temporary for breeding, and you will need a bigger tank then 5 gallons, for the 4 females to be in one sorority, you,ll need at least around a 10 gallon

There could be problems when the male starts to breed. If you can get a bigger tank, then do so, otherwise there could be fights to the death.

Regarding tank size, you can point out that a 5 and 10 gallon tank are similar in price and the 10 gallon has a lot more room for the fish so you will be more likely to keep them alive for longer.

You can also get aquariums made and having a tank that is 2 foot long x 18 inches wide x 18 inches high (or something similar) will give you heaps of water in a small area.

Imo, a 29 should be the minimum tank size for a sorority. Of course, you're going to need a lot of hardscapes or plants to help break the line of aggression within female Bettas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back