Tank questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So me and my buddy are getting a house in the spring and we are wanting to get a bigger tank, we both currently have 29 gallon tropical tanks. We were looking to get ~150 gallons and won't go smaller than 100 gallons, kind of want it to be a centerpiece decoration so that's why we want that size. Any suggestions on brands or specific tanks? We don't mind spending big money on a better tank, don't want something to go wrong with cheaper tank and have to spend the big money anyways. We love angelfish so we need something tall enough to hold a couple big ones.

So me and my buddy are getting a house in the spring and we are wanting to get a bigger tank, we both currently have 29 gallon tropical tanks. We were looking to get ~150 gallons and won't go smaller than 100 gallons, kind of want it to be a centerpiece decoration so that's why we want that size. Any suggestions on brands or specific tanks? We don't mind spending big money on a better tank, don't want something to go wrong with cheaper tank and have to spend the big money anyways. We love angelfish so we need something tall enough to hold a couple big ones.
Amazing Amazon does low cost large tanks. They are in Glen Waverley Victoria

Amazing Amazon does low cost large tanks. They are in Glen Waverley Victoria
I guess I should've said that I'm in Toledo, Ohio, so looking for online options, unless someone on here is from the area and can tell me places.

Well I made the jump to a 100gal from a 55, and in discussing the move with my LFS guy, he stated spend the money and go acrylic. They are stronger and lighter than glass...but cost a lot new....but he said to try FB or Craigs list. I got lucky and found a local who need to get rid of a 100 gal setup. It also helped when I went to get it still held water and fish so I could see that it didn't leak.

Happy day....this first bit is totally random, but you might want to check out the Ohio Fish Rescue guy...some cool stuff there and he seems to be really well-connected into the local hobby circuit. Anyway, I am way too rough on my tanks to go with acrylic and I know that if I put even the smallest scratch in it, I would see nothing else for as long as I owned the tank.

I have a 125 and 50 from AGA and a 15 Fluval Flex. The 50 gallon is 36x18x18 and I've had it since 1989. The 125 is pretty standard and has the heavy wood on top, which has had advantages in terms of me putting stuff up there where my wife can't see it easily. I bought it in 1998. The flex has a cool shape, but I am underwhelmed by the lighting and the filter.

My two other tanks are ulta-low iron from Ultum Nature Systems and I bought both at GlassAqua. I love the mitered-edge look, which is what swayed me from Landen. There's a place about a day's drive from you in Missouri, I think, that also does the bent glass, which means instead of 4 sides to seal its just two. I didn't like that look. They represent a few different manufacturers.

I think I would be leery about ordering a large tank online. I'm sure there's a hassle factor either way if something goes wrong, but I feel like the local guy has a lot at stake at making sure it goes well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back