Triggerobsessed

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated! :good:

Ive tried scrubbing that light green algae off multiple times only to find it returns within 2 days. It is also very difficult to remove even with an algae scrapper that has a metal blade as its attachment. So ive kinduv given up trying to rid the back of the tank of it lol. Idk how to prevent it from returning either. I was thinking a phosphate reactor might help? :unsure:

Yeah, I'm a clean freak when it comes to my tank. I scrub it everytime I have a water change since that's the point where the water is lowest and won't spill out if I ripple it too much. The tool I use is a plastic scrapper bought at home depot for ~75cents. At the moment I don't even have a clean up crew and I seem to be doing just fine. Only two hermit crabs, but I would like to use a phosphate remover. I've heard the best thing to get is Rowaphos. It absorbs phosphates from your water column there by reducing the amount of algae growth.

You can buy it here...

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage...a_rowa_rowaphos

Yeh Rowaphos works very well, as well as removing phosphates it removes silicate (SiO2) and other heavy metals. It says on the tub: Adsorption capacity 25g of phospahte/kg :good:

Rowaphos.jpg

algae in the tank looks good as long as not on front of glass :p which mine is anyway ...

love the harlequin tusk such an awesome fish and i agree with littleme that starfish is HUGE

I've had the starfish for 3 years, and feed it krill on a weekly basis. Its a green crown of thorn starfish...so i was told at the store. I was also told that it wasnt reef safe but i have kept him in many reef tanks without any problems at all.

Tank looks great! Love the Harlequin tuskfish and the tangs. Starfish is great too. How big is the tank btw?

The tank is 55 gallons, the harlequin tusk died the other week. The thing jumped out the back of the tank :blink: . I replaced him with 8 green chromises. I have rearanged the tank completley, and scrubbed down the glass and the tank looks a hundred times better in my opinion. I hope to get some new pictures up soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back