Tank On A Budget

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

b0b95

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 37 gallon tank soon to be empty ( fish being moved to larger tank). I was wondering if i could build i nice marine tank with some coral on a 1200 dollar budget. Is it feesible or should i just give up on this dream of mine. Also how hard is it to maintain a marine tank vs. freshwater tank.

It's definitely feasible, I have a 37 gallon marine tank. :)

In my opinion it is not hard to manage at all, but I don't have a lot of corals and such - my setup is pretty simple.
And it's by far easier to maintain than my freshwater high tech planted tank was. And it was only 10 gallons lol.

you could start two tanks on that.

my advice would be, decide what corals and fish you would like and taylor an equipment list to suit. then start scanning ebay and classified sections on here and reef central. then buy bargains. one of the best ways to get live rock is out someones tank as its usually half the price and nicely matured.

Thanks for responding. Right now I have an overstocked 37 gallon tank with an Angelfish and balance sharks
. I have a total budget of 1500 dollars. What shouldvi do. I do want a reef tank.

theres different types of reef.

soft coral

lps

sps

mixture of above

decide which corals you want, the equipment depends on this. cheaper to buy once than 2 or 3 upgrades later

Which type of reef is easiest.? Which one is best for clownfish?

the easiest would be soft corals :good: most soft corals can be kept under t8 lights. clown fish host in almost any thing. my clown fish are hosting my power head.

so i dont think it matter tbh :good:

Okay I guess I will use soft corals. Could someone please tell me what to do about my 37 gallon overstocked tank.

It's definitely feasible, I have a 37 gallon marine tank. :)

In my opinion it is not hard to manage at all, but I don't have a lot of corals and such - my setup is pretty simple.
And it's by far easier to maintain than my freshwater high tech planted tank was. And it was only 10 gallons lol.

:hi: Bob, jump on in, the salty life is great :good:

and look who it isn't, N3ont3tra, how you been?

Seffie x

I have decided to play it by ear with that tank. Could some one please make a list of what I need. I also now need a tank and stand. My budget is 1200 excluding the cost for the new tank.

Most reactions

Back