Tank of the month

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

how much do you want tank of the month to be restarted?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - i found it really usefull for inspiration and WANT IT BACK

• Total voters
You could try asking one of the mods if they would mind adding an option such as :
"TOTM was prior to my TFF membership, but I'd love to see it around !" ;)

I haven't voted but I have taken note of your suggestions and brought it to the attention of the rest of the mods. I'll give an answer as soon as I can.

Bring It Back

It was Always Useful, and I enjoyed seeing the Winner Displaying the TOTM Banner in there Siggy.

I agree with a 5 Vote System, More Angles of the Tank and Name Pictured on front of Tank

I enjoyed it too....it was a really big part of the Forum I think. And it really made me want to take GREAT pictures of my fish to impress all of you :lol: :*)

Most of us know what the rest of our tanks look like anyhow, as far as cheating goes!

I think 5 noms is a little too much though.....maybe 3 noms each with a description of why you nominated it???

5 nominations, 5 angles of the fish for nomination, only 2 have to be decent pictures and only one has to be the picture to be nominated, also one picture of entire tank preferably with fish to be nominated in view. one picture with the screen name and fish, and maybe one with the screen name and tank. Then only allow people with 100+ posts to vote for tank of the month fish of the month etc.. So that people can't get 20 screen names and vote their tank into victory.

Yeah, the username paper thing isn't going to work, except for TOTM. I like your idea though, Torrean. Tho only one has to be decent.
I would love them back, I could enter a couple of my tanks in STOTM!! :thumbs:

Apart from tank of the month, betta of the month and fish of the month, i also think it'd be cool to have a livebearer of the month as they are such a varied and colorful group of fish :nod:
I think the different tank/fish angle idea is good as most sites only have a max of 2 angled pictures of a fish or tanks, i think 5 different angles would be the best; the name on paper in front of your tank thing is also good.

or a picture of you with your tank in the background along with another picture of just the tank, Must be able to tell that the tank is the same one in both pics.

The reason I said two have to be decent was so the mods could be sure it's the same fish in both pics.

reason I enjoyed tank of the month/fish OTM was it encouraged me to take pictures, now sure I enjoy showing my stuff but... now its just "meeeh...."

It really was a secondary motivation to take good care of my fish and my tank. I hope there is a way to get it back.

- 87.23% in favor of TotM (41 votes)
- 12.77% neutral (6 votes)
- 00.00% oppose TotM (0 votes)

- 47 votes total

:nerd: so admin, mods, what do you say?

I believe the dilemma is not how valuable was tank of the month but how feasible. They have said that it takes a lot of work to do totm and that it is very hard to stop cheating. If they can bring it back I believe they will. Thank you for this poll btw because maybe it will motivate them.

edit: btw guppygirl quite a few of the things in my post were not original ideas, this has been discussed in quite a few threads and i like to keep the better ideas I come across alive. some of them were mine though so thank you for the complement if applicable.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back