Tank Of The Month - October 2009

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a long running journal proof enough? My camera kicked the bucket and only works when it feels like it now. :(

i'm sure it will be, i cant see how you can prove it much more than that. even a piece of paper can be photoshopped on easily enough.

exactly you have hit the nail on the head aaron anybody can photoshop the paper thing. i have posted laods of pics of my tank. i could give you a list of members as long as your arm that could vouch that it is indeed my tank i have posted and could also link to the previous posts of ot as im sure everybody else could . i can understand why the mods are asing for proof after all there is nothing to stop somebody finding a pic of an awesome tank and claiming ownership, however those genuine entries are usually from us members who have posted pics many times before . example simonas and nick16s tanks i know are theres along with jennybugs as i have seen them many times before.
hell if you want real proof the tank is mine you can come round my place and see it for yourself in the flesh lol

Is a long running journal proof enough? My camera kicked the bucket and only works when it feels like it now. :(

i'm sure it will be, i cant see how you can prove it much more than that. even a piece of paper can be photoshopped on easily enough.

exactly you have hit the nail on the head aaron anybody can photoshop the paper thing. i have posted laods of pics of my tank. i could give you a list of members as long as your arm that could vouch that it is indeed my tank i have posted and could also link to the previous posts of ot as im sure everybody else could . i can understand why the mods are asing for proof after all there is nothing to stop somebody finding a pic of an awesome tank and claiming ownership, however those genuine entries are usually from us members who have posted pics many times before . example simonas and nick16s tanks i know are theres along with jennybugs as i have seen them many times before.
hell if you want real proof the tank is mine you can come round my place and see it for yourself in the flesh lol

lol,
i suppose mods will just have to be wary of new members who are posting pictures for the first time

Could we have some clarification and maybe an addition to the rules please:

Maybe something like this?

Tanks must have a piece of paper with 'Tff tank of the month Comp' or a link to a journel of more than six monthes old

or 'I can see trouble ahead' <seffie signing> good job you can't hear :blush:

Seffie x

imo tanks that have been broken down shouldnt be allowed to win the TOTM unless broken down in that month.

so does that mean i cant take part? mine has been broken down after the last competition (if there was one, as it was quite late on) however, being that is was taken down in sept, does that mean i cannot enter for oct?

Think I would have to agree with you there Ben - they wouldn't really be 'Tank of the Month' if did not exist in that month, if you see what I mean :blush:

Seffie x

think we need some clarification from a Mod please :good:

Maybe we could have an amnesty for the first month - so people who have recently broken their tank down can enter, but then from there after, they would have to have existed in the month they are being entered??

thats sounds good to me.
where are mods when you want some confirmation?

yeah, its like busses, you wait for one..... :good:

tbh this forum needs a couple more mods, even if they are only sub-mods, but people who are on here regularly just to keep a check on things.

Getting a bit serious for a 'fun' competition isn't it. Have I missed something here or is it actually a prize thing.

AC

no its just for fun, but you know how competitive i get. :lol:

no its just for fun, but you know how competitive i get. :lol:

think i would get very competitive with a tank like the one you broke down :good:

Seffie x

ps

just thinking about sub mods - does that mean they come on if a Mod is injured :p

just thinking about sub mods - does that mean they come on if a Mod is injured :p

They would monitor our submarine section. :lol:

Rules and such are being discussed among the mods, don't mean to leave anyone hanging.

They would monitor our submarine section. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: that is just the funniest thing I have read for ages.......... it had me in fits of laughter

Seffie x

whilst they were mods for the submarine section they could also call in on the subaqua section :p which of course would be a subsection of marine :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back