FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

backtotropical

Retired Mod
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who participated in our July competition. The poll to decide the winner is active until 23:59 GMT on 28 July 2010. The winner will then be announced.

Meantime, please start posting entries and nominations for the August competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the comps so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please.

If you have not done so already, please read the competition rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The August competition will close for entries and nominations on 13th August 2010 at 23:59 GMT.

I guess I'll try my hand at this, first time for everything!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Thanks =] Im finally just about happy with it! But im sure someone could totally beat me

in that tank its really odds and ends lol mainly corys and gouramis and female bettas

count me in.

tank isnt mature yet, but it never will be as im off to uni soon.

on such a wide tank the sign seems to dissappear. so i had to do a close up!

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

I shall try my re scaped 90L tank. inhabitants include 7 pygmy corys, 4 peppered corys, 2 apple snail, 1 norman lampeye, SD turq/red Betta splendens. external filter, 100w heater, temp 26 degrees. plants include, vallis, twisted vallis, anubias nana sp, amazon sword, elodea, variegated sp ( unsure of name) and red sp, ( unsure of name). Tank 6 months old, but rescaped recently.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Sod's law :-( i didn't even realise this thread existed, and i've just turned to the salty side!!!! The 125L in my sig was stripped last week to make way, and my brackish went back to fresh just 3 days ago, looks like i'll have to get the co2 up and running again :)

thought i would give it a bash..... and seeing as someone was moaning about the live plants always winning my entry has mixed live and silk B-)
its a 90L set up with cherry shrimp, cardinal shrimp, otocinclus, panda corydoras, gold tetra and a few malaysian trumpet snails :good:
2010_07300480.jpg

2010_07300481.jpg

Hi all,

I am very new to keeping fish, only been doing it for about two months, but hey! might as well give this a go.

I know my tank is nothing compared to some out there but I am pleased with how it's coming.

Look forward to seeing if I get any votes.

:thanks:

[media]
CIMG5001.jpg
[/media]
[media]
CIMG5026.jpg
[/media]

Rachel

Having been given some advice on the plants in my tank I have made some alterations. {see photos below}

Just a heads up rachel, i think the light green plants next to your ruins are non aquatic and will rot and pollute your tank water.

Just a heads up rachel, i think the light green plants next to your ruins are non aquatic and will rot and pollute your tank water.
Many thanks for that. I have been told that by several people so I have removed them. Why on earth Pets at Home sell them as aquatic plants is annoying. Causing people like me, who dont know a great deal about fish tanks a lot of un-necesssary problems.

Ah well. Thanks

Rache

I know, many other fish shops also sell them as aquatic plants.

Still you've got a couple of nice house plants there though. :good:

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

Hope this is OK, couldn't read the post-it on the photos that had the whole tank in shot.

Hi,

After receiving advice about the plants in my tank I have removed two {which were not aquatic} and made a coconut cave on the right at the front with the others.

[media]
CIMG5305.jpg
[/media]
[media]
CIMG5306.jpg
[/media]

Rache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online