Tank Mini Cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

steve26-2008

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know why, but my tank has started a mini cycle. I have been testing and changing the water regular for a week now. My question is how long will it take for the filter to catch up?

Have you only had the tank setup for a week? or have you completed your cycle?

Tank was fully cycled and been running for a 1 month or 2 after. I have done all water changes with dechlorinated water and vac the sand regular.

The tank usually goes into a mini cycle if you add too many new fish, when you clean your filter in tap water thus killing the bacteria, if fish have died and are unseen rotting in your tank, overfeeding etc

What are your water stats? If your tank was fully cycled and you have not washed your filter in tap water then it shouldnt take long for the bacteria to catch up again

The tank usually goes into a mini cycle if you add too many new fish, when you clean your filter in tap water thus killing the bacteria, if fish have died and are unseen rotting in your tank, overfeeding etc

What are your water stats? If your tank was fully cycled and you have not washed your filter in tap water then it shouldnt take long for the bacteria to catch up again
I'm testing twice daily ammonia 0.5 nitrites 0 nitrates 40 then doing a 50% water change twice a day. I have not washed the filer in tap water, no dead fish, did add 5 glow light tetras though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back