tank mates for red belly pirhanas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juanveldez

helping big fish eat little fish everyday
Reaction score
Hi all I have two 5-6 inch red belly pirhanas and was wondering what some good tank mates are for them I have a 55 gal tank and hope to some day get a larger one where I can include some others with them

Piranhas are quite a specific fish - don't have any experience of them myself but I would imagine they can only be kept with their own species for fear of them killing and eating their fish friends. I've moved this to the oddball section so you can get some more specific help

i have looked on the side of keeping and not keeping fish with Piranhas and have come to conclusion that u should have a specific tank just for them.
Piranhas are unpredicable, that is why they are considered dangerous,
tank mates will eventully end up dinner. and an other nibble i dug up was also not to mix the species of Piranhas together as they will fight and not get along together. Some people have suggested JD oscars or Green Terrors as suitable tank mates I dont agree. I read also that a armoured plec was kept in a tank . Personnaly i would not keep any in the tank... I have not kept them would tyr if i had room.... these are my thoughts and reasonings form the info from the net... Its true they are specailize species to keep thou....Good luck

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back