Tank Makeover

Phantom Thief

Population Control Volunteer
Reaction score
So, my 69g currently has a gravel substrate. Filtration is overflow, and its current stock is:

9 Cardinal Tetras
3 Buenos Aires Tetras
5 Head and Tail Lights
1 Featherfin Syno
2 other juvi Synos
4 Kuhli Loaches.

I have another 4 days of my school holidays so i intend to do a few things. Firstly, i wanna switch to a sand substrate. I can get my hands on some pool filter sand in a day or two, so that's when the makeover will start. For now, its just planning.

Besides that, i also want to move the tetras and smaller fish to my upstairs (35g) aquarium, and bring down my slant-nosed gars, bichirs and a catfish from the clarias genus (my apologies, i have really forgotten the species).

Now i have a slight problem with my tank. It's an overflow system, so there are two gaps on either side of the tank, which unfortunately one of the snakeheads i've had in the past decided to jump into. Any suggestions on how to close it up?

P.T.

my newest tank had holes in and im using an internal so i needed to fill them.

for one end i used the bottle top from i think it was fabric detergent bottle (it fit perfectly) and some aquarium silicone and on the other end the holes where a bit smaller and i couldnt find anything so i cut a little piece of perspex and completely covered it in silicone again. slapped it on and it worked a treat.

Unfortunately the size of the hole is rather big. All i have as a camera is my cellphone, but i'll try and get a pic of it.

P.T.

Ok, i've gotten pics of it, but my computer refuses to recognise my phone, so i can't upload them :/ And i don't have GPRS either. Well, the only way i can describe it is that it is triangular and roughly 3-4 inches on each side.

P.T.

edit: phone works now. here's a pic.
Picture40.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back