Tank Lids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ancient11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am really having a hard time trying to figure out how to get the back part onto the glass. I have tried using a hair dryer to heat the slot so that it would be more pliable that nothing seems to work. If anyone can give me any help or suggestions on this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much

ancient

Would you please upload a picture of said lid and the tank you’re trying to put it on?

Since I'm reading this I will respond as I suspect you are talking about the strip of opaque plastic that fits onto the piece of glass along the back and which you can cut out for filter, heater, etc. (?) If this is the issue, what I do is get one end of the plastic onto the glass and then slowly move down the length of the join, pushing the plastic over the glass inch by inch as you do. Hope that makes sense. It is in my experience far easier than trying to fit the entire length together at one go.

Would you please upload a picture of said lid and the tank you’re trying to put it on?
I am sorry but I don't own a camera the new one's are far too complicated for me. Fifty or Sixty years ago they were much simpler. My grandson finally got home and he took some small wedges, he put about nine of them in the slot and then we applied heat, then I could push it on the glass. I did all three of them that way and thank goodness for grandchildren.

I want to thank ever one that took the time and trouble to try and help me out. There is one more thing, if you had your choice which would you buy a rubber lip or a hill stream loach? It's been well over 60 years since I have been involved in this hobby, so I am a little behind.

Thank you very much
Ancient

Written by windows speech program

There is one more thing, if you had your choice which would you buy a rubber lip or a hill stream loach?

The Hillstream Loach (Beaufortia kweichowensis) and the Rubber Lip pleco (Chaetostoma milesi) each have some very exacting requirements. A stronger current in the water (stronger than many other fish appreciate). And a cooler temperature, in the range 20-24C/68-75F for the Hillstream, and up to 25C/77F max for the Rubber Lip pleco. Some tropical fish need more warth, but there are some that would manage here. The latter fish attains about 7 inches so it needs a roomy aquarium, and it will produce a lot of waste; the Hillstream will reach about 3 inches.

A natural algae and aufwuchs feeder, Hillstream Loach will accept algae-type sinking foods, artemia (brine shrimp), frozen bloodworms, and natural algae should be encouraged to grow on rocks and pebbles. Blanched spinach and similar greens may be offered. For long-term health, algae must be allowed to grow in the aquarium.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back