Tank lid: What do you use?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CycleDave

Reaction score
If they're not the standard cover/condensation lid, what do you use?

I would like images then I can get some ideas.

Thanks in advance

That kinds of depends on what tank you have.

Dimensions of the tank would be a start, brand and type of tank may help determining what lid would work.

Also what lights are you using? Or are the light unit to be incorporated into the tank lid as well?

Oh and what filters are you using, for example a HOB type filter would make a lid difficult to fit properly due to it being on the back or side glass edge.

I use a full hood made for the tank, on some (these are getting rare these days), which has a light fixture as part of it. On other tanks, a glass cover set that sits down on the lip around the inside of the tank frame (you can make your own, but I am not that good at this so I buy the sets for the tank size) with a separate light fixture that sits across the frame.

Some of mine came with full lighted hoods. I bought a couple of 20L at Petco’s dollar a galllon sales and I purchased Marineland full lighted hoods for those.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 265
I use the Aqueon Versa Top glass lids. Dr Foster and Smith has them for very cheap. Then I can have a good quality light, with no restrictions.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3790

fb9f85660ad2fcf637739df672d606dd.jpg

You can cut the plastic edge to fit your filter..

bcb1ccb23e8824546aa740ab39009e5d.jpg

I wouldn't mind finding a clear hood so I can place a light overhead without it attaching under the hood, such as this type, but it's the matter of finding them in the UK, unless the local garden centre can find one (If I decide to buy a tank from them)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Back