Tank Ideas Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jonny-5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So i am in the process of starting up my 30 Gallon again, Ive just put the Sand substrate, Bogwood, Potted Najas & sone Dwarf water lettuce floating on the top
Im not sure if to add more hiding places or plants or just leave it alone. The plan is to have a nice school of Bronze & Albino Corys & some of my Guppys from the other tanks.
I have not started cycling yet, No rush right now
As i wanted to get the layout correct first. So any thoughts please comment

Attachments

• 20210404_104100.jpg
    20210404_104100.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 2,570
  • 20210404_103839.jpg
    20210404_103839.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 52
What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Tank dimensions
H 50.3 Cms
W 100 Cms
D 40 Cms
My water P.H is 7 & is soft i have no problems with Guppy Fish or Nerite snails, I have kept them a long time, All my Guppys are fry that have been bred by myself in this softer water & live on average 3 years, Sometimes more

I would personally add more plants, just because I like them. Do you only have a sand substrate or do you have something like aqua-soil or something for the plants underneath it? Of course you could add liquid fertiliser.

I would add plans like java fern, anubius and amazon sword because they are easy plants to keep. If you plan to add CO2 and other fertilisers you could get plants that are harder to keep.

Are all the plants in your tank real of fake? I would avoid fake plants with guppies because it might damage their fins.

I only have sand substrate no soil.
The bogwood has a silk plant attached to it but that can easily come off, The bunch of plants in the corner are also silk, The previous corys used it has a hide so i kept it in
The 2 potted Najas are real along with some floating lettuce.
The Naja & lettuce in the other tanks do very well with no fertilizers or soil. I think maybe more plants would be the way to go. I have a ton of ornaments but am reluctant to put them in

hi even with sand you can grow plants, you just need to use root tabs or fertilizer. imo the plants would be taken out of the pots and allowed to spread a bit.

you can get java plants to tie to your bog wood, they don require a lot of light either

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back