ScuabaDuba

Fishaholic
Reaction score
10g tank-

1 dwarf puffer
1 orange pike
3 cories
Heavy jungle setting, lots of rocks and plants

Is this possible or will the dwarf puffer kill the pike?

:thumbs:

what size will the orange pike eventualy grow into?

what kind of filtration are you goin to be running?
do you know if the pike needs heavey filtration (like the puffer will) or is it medium fitration?

shouldnt puffers be in bigger tanks because of their 'messyness'?

Re: the orange pikes- the ones i saw looked nothing like the link u put there, so maybe they were miss-ID'd by the LFS i was at. :(

"It is suggested that you have a 15+ gallon tank for cories."

Is that true? I've had them in 10g tanks forever and theyve been fine... geez im feelin' dumb.

I have very heavy filtration- dont know the type offhand- but ive never had any problems regarding that.

I have two tens with cories, one has 2 and the other has 3. They are fine. It's all in the filtration :thumbs:

all those....puffer...names....*explodes*

i'm thinking of getting a dwarf puffer and putting it in 100% freshwater....is that okay? i read that they are freshwater? now i'm confused? ahh

anwaysy, enough of me hijacking :) i think cories can be kept in a 10G if you have good filtration...maybe go with panda cories as they tend to stay small and cute :wub:?

LoveMyOscar, if you had read amazingbioloboydp's post carefully, you'll notice (s)he said;

DO NOT get brackish for a dwarf puffer...THEY ARE STRICTLY FRESHWATER...most other but not dwarfs.

Nothing in there proposes that all puffers are freshwater.

Also, ScuabaDuba, while corys' bony armour would protect them from the Dwarf's nipping tendencies, they are not great tankmates for each other. In a 10 gallon, you could easily fit two dwarf puffers and three or even four otocinclus' (which are often times successful tankmates of DPs).

For more info on puffers, check out the Oddball's Institute section, all sorts of info.

HTH

Gotcha. It just seemed kind of condescending instructing amazingbioloboydp to do his/her research when nothing (s)he'd posted had been incorrect. My apologies if I'd offended you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back