Tank Emergency. Immenent Split?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mowbz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all. I only posted on here last night to say hello as ive been gone a while, seems to have started some sort of curse!

Anyway, bit of an emergency. Just cam home from being out all day to find my 4ft tank has had an issue today.

Its been sat where it is since i got it, over a year, so its not shifted in any way.

Being four foot its got two large pieces of strengthening glass running from to back at the top, about 8 inches wide each.

Both have dropped into the tank,still attached on one side. The front it visibly bowing out around 3-4mm, as the lids aren't flush anymore

What the heck do i do? Ive drained the tank halfway and modified the filter with spare pipe to keep it going and take some pressure off the glass, but its sunday, no-where is open.

Ive not had this problem before, can i simply reattach with aquarium seal?

Any help appreciated.

Ben

Empty the tank if you at all can.

Do you have any other tanks?

Do you have any jumping fish? Can you spare a bath?

Do you have any other large water containers that would fit the bill? Remember that they may not have been designed as water containers. A 200 litre water butt can hold fish, and tends to do a fair job as a temporary measure.

Ive not got anything spare that i can house them in for the meanwhile, so instead ive utilised a spare external from the upstairs tank (too small to take all of these) to increase the filtration on account of the smaller water volume. The tank is currently at half capacity and is not fully stocked, so im hoping i'll be ok for the moment. Having Checked all the seals they havent moved, no signs of stress other than the front having bowed. Now that ive dropped it down half way its gone back to its original position.

Here's hoping i can reseal the supports from the top and be ok! :(

I will move your post to Your New Freshwater Tank. Get some help over there too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back