Reaction score
74D921F4-507C-4E0F-A9D1-9E4F5AAC7DC7.jpeg
3C83657D-DA37-48A4-89BF-B5AF53D81388.jpeg
3D1AA0F5-5599-47B0-998D-B2770F5ED7CC.jpeg
66901DC4-1156-4233-8520-DD14FB62863C.jpeg
6403E01B-2D61-442E-AC7B-44D9E7022D85.jpeg
E5902C71-8F8F-4F5F-B279-C23A4AAD1F4C.jpeg
A21B73C4-EA25-4A5A-9BDC-59CB1AEDE210.jpeg

Great looking tank. Well done. You should enter the 55G into our November TOTM contest which will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger.

Have you got any live plants, Is that a piece of coral in the tank. If so be careful of pH and hardness as the fish you have like acid soft water.

What are the parameters of your tank at the moment?

I agree with comment above that is a lot of fish to put into a new tank.

Great looking tank. Well done. You should enter the 55G into our November TOTM contest which will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger.
Didn't you just do one of those? Do you do smaller tanks as well? I would love to enter my 30g but it juuuust is past the acceptance limit :/

Have you got any live plants, Is that a piece of coral in the tank. If so be careful of pH and hardness as the fish you have like acid soft water.

What are the parameters of your tank at the moment?

I agree with comment above that is a lot of fish to put into a new tank.
Yes, I have 4 live plants right now. Just ordered some more. No, the coral is part of the background picture 😂 I thought that once you cycled a tank, you could add the fish in all at once? My ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, and nitrates are less than 10. I’ve had them in there for a week now, so fingers crossed I haven’t messed up. I tried to do everything the right way. I’ll def keep an eye on it, though. Got me worried now 😅

are those colorful plants real? what is that white coral looking thing.

are those colorful plants real? what is that white coral looking thing.
No, that’s all part of the background I have up on the back. The green plant you can see, is the only one that’s in the pictures I think. I don’t have any fake ones. I have 2 Amazon swords and 2 Java Ferns at the moment. I just ordered 4 more. A Vallisneria, red melon sword, Brazilian penny wort, and a water sprite.

I thought that once you cycled a tank, you could add the fish in all at once?
Noooo!
It's all about balance and, when you're trying to balance something, anything, you add a bit of whatever at a time. When you add fish to a cycled tank, you're adding ammonia straight away and, as fish poop increases, this ammonia will also increase. Things will be fine, for a while, but as the fish tart to live as they should, things can go awry very quickly. If the tanbk is properly cycled and you have good levels of effective beneficial bacteria, then the fish waste products can be dealt with well enough. The trick is not to overwhelm that BB.
My ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, and nitrates are less than 10. I’ve had them in there for a week now, so fingers crossed I haven’t messed up. I tried to do everything the right way. I’ll def keep an eye on it, though.
That's good.
Got me worried now 😅
That's also good...'cos it means you'll be keeping a close eye on your parameters and keeping the tank clean and doing water changes.

Yes, I have 4 live plants right now. Just ordered some more. No, the coral is part of the background picture 😂 I thought that once you cycled a tank, you could add the fish in all at once? My ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, and nitrates are less than 10. I’ve had them in there for a week now, so fingers crossed I haven’t messed up. I tried to do everything the right way. I’ll def keep an eye on it, though. Got me worried now 😅
If you followed the tank cycling method on here, using 3ppm of ammonia, you will have grown enough beneficial bacteria to fully stock the tank immediately. 😊👍

Noooo!
It's all about balance and, when you're trying to balance something, anything, you add a bit of whatever at a time. When you add fish to a cycled tank, you're adding ammonia straight away and, as fish poop increases, this ammonia will also increase. Things will be fine, for a while, but as the fish tart to live as they should, things can go awry very quickly. If the tanbk is properly cycled and you have good levels of effective beneficial bacteria, then the fish waste products can be dealt with well enough. The trick is not to overwhelm that BB.

That's good.

That's also good...'cos it means you'll be keeping a close eye on your parameters and keeping the tank clean and doing water changes.
Thank you. I will definitely keep a close eye on it 😊 I hope it doesn’t go crazy on me!

If you followed the tank cycling method on here, using 3ppm of ammonia, you will have grown enough beneficial bacteria to fully stock the tank immediately. 😊👍
Yes, the one on here is the one I followed. Took 2 months to get it cycled the way it says. I used bottled ammonia.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back