Tank Cover

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FishBazzar

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a small fry tank that I just set up. It doesn't have a cover because my mom had it in the garage without knowing it for a long time. I've set it up and everything, with fry and plants :), but it still really needs a full hood with fluorescent lights. Any ideas on the cover?

P.S. I bought a really cool internal sponge filter for it. Some people say they look ugly, but I like the way mine looks.

Well it depends what size it is, you could make your own. all you need is a bit of pine from your local hardware store and a few screws and some glue, i made a full shmick looking cabinet for my 3 foot

Goodluck with it
Bulk B)

If the tank is small enough, a piece of glass will do. For lighting you can stand an overhead side light next to it with the light pointing down onto the tank.

thebulk said:
Well it depends what size it is, you could make your own. all you need is a bit of pine from your local hardware store and a few screws and some glue, i made a full shmick looking cabinet for my 3 foot
I always envy people who can just build stuff like that. I'd never know what tools to use, how to use the tools, how to design the thing or what materials to use. When it comes to things like this, I'm a bit thick.

OTOH, I'm an absolute whizz at putting together flat-pack furniture! Hmm, I wonder if I could reinforce a flat-pack cupboard unit to convert it into a fishtank stand?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back