Tangerine endlers

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Proud to present my own creation: Tangerine endlers...
Well, if you look at the color, it's no surpise why I've named them Tangerine endlers. It's a hybrid strain. They're grey bodied and while aging, the orange will appear on the body untill they're almost full orange. They came out as I've expected after a couple of generations. But the orange starts developing on the chest and than the back starts coloring up untill it's fully orange. The present colony is doing fine and breeding true.
IMG_0951a.jpg
IMG_0953a.jpg
IMG_0906a.jpg

The black spot on the chest/belly area is a guppy trait.

Proud to present my own creation: Tangerine endlers...
Well, if you look at the color, it's no surpise why I've named them Tangerine endlers. It's a hybrid strain. They're grey bodied and while aging, the orange will appear on the body untill they're almost full orange. They came out as I've expected after a couple of generations. But the orange starts developing on the chest and than the back starts coloring up untill it's fully orange. The present colony is doing fine and breeding true.
View attachment 137055View attachment 137056View attachment 137057
The black spot on the chest/belly area is a guppy trait.
They are so beautiful xx

Really like endlers, and orange is my favorite color. Unfortunately with my water they would be hard to raise, ie soft and acidic.

i have guppies the same color as this....
feels so familiar...
maybe it is the same color as Goldfish?

They are so beautiful xx
Well, thank you.
Really like endlers, and orange is my favorite color. Unfortunately with my water they would be hard to raise, ie soft and acidic.
Well, these can be kept at moderate soft till hard water.
Oh my! Very beautiful and I love the name, well done!
Oh, thank you so much. Well, it had to refer to the color. The name "Orange endler" was too easy. "Manderin endler" was also an option. But I couldn't get rid of the name "Tangerine endler" in my mind. And honestly, "Tangerine" did sound the best to my ears.
i have guppies the same color as this....
feels so familiar...
maybe it is the same color as Goldfish?
Oh, wow. Do you have some pictures of them? Just being curious...
Well, even with goldfish, they have many shades of orange.

@emeraldking My water is super soft here, depending on the time the water out of my tap is 0-2 degree gh and 0 kh. The endlers are beautiful and the name Tangerine is good too. If I am being honest setting up another tank while maintaining a full time job would be difficult, no matter how interesting the fish is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back