Talk me down - pea puffers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
O

On_a_dishy

So my 34L is now fully cycled with a wonderful Betta in it, and 6 cherry shrimp, so Iā€™m feeling invincible. That first white reading for nitrite - Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a feeling like it.
I want another species-specific tank with pea puffers. Another 34L, 2 puffers, lots of plants.
My sensible husband is one problem. Iā€™ll wait until he wants something and then ask for this as a compromise.
And the only thing that worries me about the puffers is their reliance on live food. But Iā€™ve hatched brine shrimp before so I reckon I can cope with that.
What else do I need to know? Iā€™ve researched and reckon I can fix every problem, so I need a reality check.

So my 34L is now fully cycled with a wonderful Betta in it, and 6 cherry shrimp, so Iā€™m feeling invincible. That first white reading for nitrite - Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a feeling like it.
I want another species-specific tank with pea puffers. Another 34L, 2 puffers, lots of plants.
My sensible husband is one problem. Iā€™ll wait until he wants something and then ask for this as a compromise.
And the only thing that worries me about the puffers is their reliance on live food. But Iā€™ve hatched brine shrimp before so I reckon I can cope with that.
What else do I need to know? Iā€™ve researched and reckon I can fix every problem, so I need a reality check.
My betta ate two of my cherry shrimp šŸ˜¤

I love my pea puffer! I've got him in a 9 gallon cube tank with 6 chili rasbora's and a few cherry shrimp and he is living his best life! As for the snails, get a handful of ramshorn snails and give it a couple weeks, you'll have plenty of live food for your puffer

PewPew - how many snails do you give him a day? Do you give him the babies or let him chomp on an adult?

If anyone wants ramshorns I have about 1 million xD it's so cool that you might be getting puffers! I am getting some soon in a 60l. :)

one of the best fish you can get with pea puffers are pure endlers..they're a bit smaller than guppies and pea puffers will keep their population numbers in check
they breed very easy...
don't expect shrimp to breed in a tank with puffers as they'll be hunted down...the same for female shrimp carrying eggs...you need places for them to hide
puffers also like to sleep in caves like those shrimp tube caves...so get some tubes like the triangle ones....in my tank puffers sleep up top and zebra plecos down at the bottom ones
I have 2 types of shrimp in my main tank..crystal blacks and fire red but I've never seen either species thrive...adults don't really get hunted...but you'll never see babies

Anyone mind sharing pics of your puffers homes so I can get ideas for my new lady puffer?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back