Talk About Tame Clowns

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gtigaz

Reaction score
clowns-1.jpg

Amazing. I am suffering from a jealousy attack now. Mine would never do that :)

thanks :) they come to my hand whenever it goes in the tank for a stroke or just a peck lol if we tap on the tank they come straight away and follow where ever we r tapping, never thought fish where anything like that :D

Wow how would you train them to do that? Mine are shy. I got 7 and they just come out to eat!

That's awesome, do they think you have food in your hand or something?

we trained them basically like you would train a dog, with treats lol, i got the idea when i was moving some things around in the tank and they came pecking my hand so i thought if they know im not gonna hurt them ive cracked it so now if i put my hand in or put a grazer in they come straight to me where i can stroke them etc and they don't bother just let me do it their skin is ace just smooth as smooth gets

Ha, ha. I wasn't going to comment but.......My platies do that too
rofl.gif
 No training needed obviously
laugh.png

Aw that's so cute! XD I've always wanted clown loaches but my tank is nowhere near big enough :( whenever I put my arm in to replant stray hornwort my guppies come up and start pecking at my arm! :L

i wouldn't say it was training them shouldn't have said that lol its its just getting them used but with a bribe

If I tried that, I'd come out with no skin on my bones LOL

Sweet as,

My Yoyo's are exactly the same, partly why I love loaches.

They're just like the gold fish in my pond, they're so friendly. I can't do any work in the pond without them wanting to nuzzle my hands and they demand I rub their belly's. 

I just set up a 75 gal tank, when I get it cycled good I want to get clown loach's. I know they do best in groups of at least five but...I don't know if my tank would handle them. I know I would have to have maximum filtration any opinions on this? I love these little guys!

fishheart said:
They're just like the gold fish in my pond, they're so friendly. I can't do any work in the pond without them wanting to nuzzle my hands and they demand I rub their belly's. 

I just set up a 75 gal tank, when I get it cycled good I want to get clown loach's. I know they do best in groups of at least five but...I don't know if my tank would handle them. I know I would have to have maximum filtration any opinions on this? I love these little guys!

75 US Gallons is 62 UK gallons, or 284 Litres

I have about 38 Clown loaches in my main tank, it is 212 US Gallons, 177 UK gallons or 805 litres

It is currently filtered by 3 Eheim 2076e filters, each capable of filtering a 600 litre tank, it will be getting a 4th Eheim 2076e added to it, just about as soon as I can be bothered to remove the lid to enlarge the opening

Clown loaches do best in groups of 6 or more, and in the wild, get to 16 inches long, so not quite little guys, especially if you've ever had to get a big one out of a tank, water everywhere.

I wouldn't recommend them for a 75 US Gallon tank

Here is mine

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/406203-long-winded-8-ft-tank-thread/page-1

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back