Tale of two SDs........

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Well, as many of you already know.....I have had trouble with my SDs and this NASTY FUNGUS thAng.....!! :sick: :grr: :-( ....

Also, as many of you already know, 2 of my SDs died a few weeks ago because of treating them with Pimafix (one of my oldest and one of my youngest SDs :-( )......

Some of you may also know that I have STILL been trying to treat 1 of the 2 SDs that I have left for fungus in my hospital tank (10 gllon :*) ) .

He has been in there for at least a month....been treating with Jungle brand fizz tabs for fungus. I do a 25% water change every 5 days and I feed every other day and I've medicated this poor guy with JUST about everything on the market with no avail........unitl recently I suppose.
I check in the H-tank every couple of days with a flashlight just to see how he (and the others in there) are doing....
the last 3 or 4 days he has been sitting in the corner....not eating.....not moving.....and the last 2 days he's bearly been breathing.....NO gill movement, head in a more "down" position than normal....but his dorsal fin still sways to keep him upright!

Last night I thought to myself.....*SELF* if he is on his way out of this world I would like him to go out happily.....with security and happiness and room to swim......so I checked his body for fungus and there was none left "apparentley" so I asked my husband what he thought and he agreed, we should put him in the 55 with the other surviving SD......my BIG boy - or girl :*) -........

SOOOOOOO, my husband gets the "BIG" net and starts to go in after him....now mind you this is a fairly large fish, about 4 " long and 3.5" tall, and he has ALWAYS been a toughy to catch. I mean, he gives us the fight of his life not wanting to be netted...he HATES it severly and fights almost to the death :flex: ....but not this time......this time he just let the net catch him and pull him out.....don't get me wrong now, once out of the water he did his normal flicking around hitting his head on anything around him :lol: :X :*) .......

I am happy to report that the 2 SDs are schooling together as they should be and the younger sickling seems to be back to his old self.......

Just goes to show the power of companionship

Now lets just hope the fungus doesn't attack his weakened immune systemed body AGAIN!!!

:-( :wub:

Thats great. I'm glad to hear that he's perked up. Sometimes my fish just miss their old tank when in hospital or whatever, and same thing - get better when back in their normal tank.

I hope all stays well!

Most reactions

trending

Back