Tadpoles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Munroco

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
A friend just brought me a load of tadpoles from a pond on the golf course. I've now got a couple of hundred of them in my pond and a few in some planted tubs I have. I hope when (if) they turn into frogs they will think of my pond as home and not try to make their way back to the golf course. He managed to scoop up a stickleback too. Thats in a tub, I didn't want to risk it with my goldfish as they can be quite aggressive even though they are small in comparison. I have at toad in my pond too. (he lives under the shed), He is always calling out for females at this time of year but I don't know if there are any about. I hope he finds one and doesn't eat all my tadpoles.

Cool! Any chance of a pictures?

I have tadpoles in my small creek. I’ll try to get some underwater pictures uploaded with my GoPro later. :good:

This is my pond, it's not at it best this time of year, it will look better in the summer. The black blob in the 2nd pic is a mass of tadpoles. There are also some in the two tubs. The first tub is where my white clouds will be spending the summer months, another 3-4 weeks I think till its warmed up enough. The 2nd tub is housing a few more tadpoles, and the stickleback, but hes hiding atm so no chance of a decent pic. I've asked my friend if he can catch a couple more next time his down that way.

Attachments

• pond.jpg
    pond.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 145
  • tadpoles2.jpg
    tadpoles2.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 127
  • whitecloud tub2.jpg
    whitecloud tub2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 142
  • whitecloud tub3.jpg
    whitecloud tub3.jpg