Tadpoles

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Well usually when back legs are getting larger they will eat a bit of chopped bloodworms with their food. So probably now it will eat some. Then once it becomes and adult frog/toad all it will eat is bugs.

or newt!! yeah but by then it will be on its own fending for its self. :lol:

Newt larvae dont eat plant matter, so it has to be a frog or toad. Newt larvae have external "feathery" gills behind their head.

Newt larvae dont eat plant matter, so it has to be a frog or toad. Newt larvae have external "feathery" gills behind their head.

ah ok cool,they also grow there front legs 1st ive just been reading. :good:

id say its pretty much impossible to breed them in tanks, they are very perticular when it comes to breeding grounds, its not a easy task to find there spawn either as they lay eggs individualy wraped in leaves lol good luck with that one :lol: :good:

haha it would seem I've somehow cluelessly managed to get mine to lay eggs...

nice one :good: , what species?

Chinese Fire Bellied Newts (like the one in my picture)

id say its pretty much impossible to breed them in tanks, they are very perticular when it comes to breeding grounds, its not a easy task to find there spawn either as they lay eggs individualy wraped in leaves lol good luck with that one :lol: :good:

Chinese Fire Bellied nwts (like the one in my picture)

ah cool, altho when i was saying ive never heard of anyone breeding newts in a tank i was refering to the british native ones, but fire bellied newts sound super cool :good: ha

Chinese Fire Bellied nwts (like the one in my picture)

ah cool, altho when i was saying ive never heard of anyone breeding newts in a tank i was refering to the british native ones, but fire bellied newts sound super cool :good: ha

I figured you were. I think newts are fairly hard to breed in captivity.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back