TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Tropical Fish Forums'
July 2021
Pet of the Month Contest

We had 12 unique pets entered in this month's POTM contest. But only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Tacocat
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's his very unique
Phidippus Audax Jumping Spider
img-3888-jpg.139875

This is my brother's Phidippus Audax that I help take care of. They are a species of jumping spider that is found in my area.
This specimen is a female, and doesn't have a name. However, we are particularly fond of her and she has already escaped multiple times due to *ahem* miscalculations *ahem*. However, she is now very happy and lives in a terrarium we found at costco for a steal of $30. We found her in hibernation in February and we have fed her a variety of foods including crickets, fruit flies, and regular flies. We are looking for a male Phidippus to go with her but we have yet to find one.

EDIT: Their common name is bold jumping spider
EDIT 2: Sorry for poor quality of main image

Last edited:
We have a winner! @Tacocat has won July POTM with his very unusual Phidippus Audax jumping spider. What a great pic and a fantastic unusual pet. Congratulations!
The runnerups were as follows:
2nd place - Carligracee with her adorable cat - it's the cat's meow
3rd place - Bluebubbles with her Mitchell's Hopping Mouse - your pic reminded me of the nursery rhyme - Three Blind Mice.
4th place - foxgirl158 with her adorable litte kitty -- great photo!

Thanks to everyone who particiated in the Pet of the Month contest.

Right now, we are accepting entries in our Tank of the Month contest. For August, we are featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you enter it in the TOTM contest. You can view the entry thread by clicking HERE

Last edited:
@Tacocat - please tell us what camera or phone you used for that photo...it appears to be a very high resolution photo.

Last edited:
Very cute spooder
Jumping spiders are scared of me ahenever i go to the backyard

@Tacocat
How many eyes does a bold jumping spider have?

Last edited:
@Tacocat - please tell us what camera or phone you used for that photo...it appears to be a very high resolution photo.
I actually just used my mom's iPhone 12.

@Tacocat
How many eyes does a bold jumping spider have?
All spiders have 8 eyes. However, jumping spiders have their eyes positioned in such a way so that they basically get 360 degree vision. 4 eyes in the front, 2 eyes on the back part of each side.

Thanks guys for choosing my Phidippus Audax!

Also thanks for all the other participants with their other cool pets!

Congratulations! That is a very cool pet. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back