T8S To T5S

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

`Peter

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well I've had my 15W T8 single bulb over my 25G for about 5 years now but I've recently started to get a more planted aquarium and I know that a single 15W T8 won't cut it on a 25G.

I recently ordered a AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixture for a 24" long tank. Tank dimensions are 24x12x18 (L,W,H)
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+23753&pcatid=23753

New fixture has room for 2 bulbs with a total of 48W, click link for more info. This should be a big step up from my 15W =)

Current plants in tank are Amazon swords, crypts, wisteria, corkscrew & jungle val, dwarf sag, micro sword, and anubis nana. I use yeast CO2 injection with Flourish root tabs and use the liquid once a week.

I currently run these lights for 10 hours a day, how much should I run the new unit for ideally?

Well I've had my 15W T8 single bulb over my 25G for about 5 years now but I've recently started to get a more planted aquarium and I know that a single 15W T8 won't cut it on a 25G.

I recently ordered a AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixture for a 24" long tank. Tank dimensions are 24x12x18 (L,W,H)
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+23753&pcatid=23753

New fixture has room for 2 bulbs with a total of 48W, click link for more info. This should be a big step up from my 15W =)

Current plants in tank are Amazon swords, crypts, wisteria, corkscrew & jungle val, dwarf sag, micro sword, and anubis nana. I use yeast CO2 injection with Flourish root tabs and use the liquid once a week.

I currently run these lights for 10 hours a day, how much should I run the new unit for ideally?

Hey I posted a similar post converting my T8 15w to 2x24W. Its looks great now its all installed, just got to wait and see if its made any difference to the plants, good luck.

New+Tank+lighting.jpg

I just retro fitted the new Hagen Glo electronic controller kit where my existing T8 was in the plastic lid. 1x J5 tropical colour bulb and J5 Plant pro. :)

Looks good, especially your sword centerpiece. Anyone else know the amount of time I should leave the new lights on tho?

Hey I posted a similar post converting my T8 15w to 2x24W. Its looks great now its all installed, just got to wait and see if its made any difference to the plants, good luck.

New+Tank+lighting.jpg

I just retro fitted the new Hagen Glo electronic controller kit where my existing T8 was in the plastic lid. 1x J5 tropical colour bulb and J5 Plant pro. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back