T6 Lighting

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Waterloo Kid

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just browsing the Aqua Essentials site (hey, it's Friday afternoon!) and noticed the T6 lighting. It looks like they are basically T5 lamps, only with a slightly wider diameter. I have been thinking of upgrading my lighting (again) and going for a full on planted tank as opposed to plants and lots of fish. If I swapped out my T8s from my Juwel fixture would these make much of a difference. If the difference between T6s and T8s is the same as that between T8s and T5s then it'll make a huge difference IMO.

Does anyone have any experience of these lamps, especially Juwel owners?

WK

I have a Juwel Vision 180. I have a lot of bogwood in, (more than I really want but my Christmas Moss came on it) so the tannins make the water brownish and the lights that came with the Juwel made the plants look yellow and dying. I bought 2 x T6 Superlux 25W to try and brighten the tank and I think it has worked except now I am getting a green bloom in the water similar to the peagreen water in my pond in summer. Each tube is 11,000k so I am probably overdoing the lighting, and I worry slightly about the effect on the stress bar although the tubes are cool enough to touch. I got the daylight tubes which give a clean white light. I cannot find any information on T6 lighting or comparisons with T8's or T5's so am glad to find someone else wanting better lights. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back