THE Triop Man XD
Reaction score
This is my male T-bar,

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

IMG_7656.jpg

and his new improved home XD

IMG_7637.jpg

The tank has a custom base and lid made by me, It's also been pulled apart and reseal with aqua mate silicon. It used to be on a custom stand but now is in the Bedroom! He is without his mate so not that happy at the moment but still looks stunning XD so i thought i would share!

Stunning nice stand aswell. Ive always like TBars would love to get a pair at some point.

The blue eyes are what made me get him in the first place, i wish to catch him in breeding colours soon when the female comes back, i have the new camera now to get a decent picture, for the record anyone who hasnt seen, this is the old stand i made,

DSCF1319.jpg

nice huh? only took me a whole week of work to build lol but anyway onto the new tank, I'm intent on adding moon light to each side at the top of the tank, this will be on pretty constant, because of the custom lid the light is not all that bright so doesnt tend to catch the sides to well

thanks for the comments guys.

Have they spawned before?
If they have how aggressive are they when spawning? im hopefully getting a 120G soon and would love a pair in there.

Yes they have, a number of times but only babies from the first spawn survived, (i moved them to anouther tank and raised them) all the others ive tryed to let the parents do the job but they have never managed to raise them :(

""edit""

They WILL kill anything else in the tank when spawning unfortunatly lol

Yes they have, a number of times but only babies from the first spawn survived, (i moved them to anouther tank and raised them) all the others ive tryed to let the parents do the job but they have never managed to raise them :(

""edit""

They WILL kill anything else in the tank when spawning unfortunatly lol
Thats a shame. Same as most cichlid im sure they will get the hang of it soon.
Maybe ill leave them out the stocking then then. Thanks

well, if you get just one :)
I think ill go for another pair of apisto instead. Im not getting anything to big in there because the BNs will be going in there and i would still like some fry from them.

120USG tank is quite large, very large for t-bars and alike, I'd say others wouldn't get killed in such a large tank...displaced and maybe pushed about yes but not necessarily killed...

That's assuming t-bars behave like others from the same sub-species e.g. HRP and Convicts. Obviously it does relate to what the individual fishes personality is too, each cichlid is different...even a convict can be a softy.

Also, raising a cichlid from a young age in a community tank can help...

Apistos would be lost in a 120 USG tank
laugh.gif

well, if you get just one :)
I think ill go for another pair of apisto instead. Im not getting anything to big in there because the BNs will be going in there and i would still like some fry from them.

120USG tank is quite large, very large for t-bars and alike, I'd say others wouldn't get killed in such a large tank...displaced and maybe pushed about yes but not necessarily killed...

That's assuming t-bars behave like others from the same sub-species e.g. HRP and Convicts. Obviously it does relate to what the individual fishes personality is too, each cichlid is different...even a convict can be a softy.

Also, raising a cichlid from a young age in a community tank can help...

Apistos would be lost in a 120 USG tank
laugh.gif
Ill have a think about it then maybe see if i can get some smaller ones. Haha i know but the only way i can get my mum to agree to it is if i get rid of my other tanks and i couldnt get rid of my male in my profile pic so i though i would add a few more pirs aswell. The tank im looking at is 5x2x2' so theres room for quite a few so i might pot the odd one lol

Ill have a think about it then maybe see if i can get some smaller ones. Haha i know but the only way i can get my mum to agree to it is if i get rid of my other tanks and i couldnt get rid of my male in my profile pic so i though i would add a few more pirs aswell. The tank im looking at is 5x2x2' so theres room for quite a few so i might pot the odd one lol

With a 120USG keeping hold of Apisto's you have to go south american when it comes to cichlids really!...a nice severum, a group of eartheaters etc. I'm getting my new additions on Friday, so excited, some juvie Rotkeil Severums to add to the stock in my sig on the right. The FM and Cory will be re-homed...that tank is around 100USG or so.

edit: sorry Razor, I have this bad habit of going off on a tangent on other peoples threads...don't mean to hijack, I'm sure it will get back on track
good.gif

With a 120USG keeping hold of Apisto's you have to go south american when it comes to cichlids really!...a nice severum, a group of eartheaters etc
I know but my mum would only agree if it was for breeding the BNs because she likes them and doesnt like most cichlids but some cichlids might just appear in there over time lol. But i think i ould only stick with small bottom dwellers and the BNs because i would like some fry from them so nothing to big that will munch on the bigger fry.

Razer121 ....... I know what you mean about the blue eyes, they are really beautiful.

I also love what looks like a doorknob on the lid of your tank. Is the tank lid a door that opens up into another world ??

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back