IMG00530-20090329-1900.jpg

pH: 8
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 16
tank temp 27 degrees

Thanks in advance

Robbie

not that I have observed. He does skittle along the bottom of the tank alot though, so I was wondering if it was skin erosion

Can't see a thing. Is it possible to enlarge the pictures to get a better look.

well whatever it was got the better of him..He died...I was frantically asking a few friends of mine for a better camera so I could put up better shots of the fish, but the damn fish wouldn't come out of his hiding place.
Just wanna say thanks for the advice, but I find treating and diagnosing fish who prefer less light is a nightmare!

Thanks again

Bless Him R.I.P.
I would do a few water changes on your main tank just to be on the safe side.

well whatever it was got the better of him..He died...I was frantically asking a few friends of mine for a better camera so I could put up better shots of the fish, but the damn fish wouldn't come out of his hiding place.
Just wanna say thanks for the advice, but I find treating and diagnosing fish who prefer less light is a nightmare!

Thanks again
Your BlackBerry has a 2MP camera, but you only uploaded photos that were 160x120. For future reference, change the setting on the BlackBerry to take full size 2MP photos, or if its already doing that, don't resize them before uploading :good:. It wasn't so much the quality of the photos that was the problem, it was mainly the size of them :good:.

Synos are great at burning themselves on heaters, and wounds can get infected if water quality isnt fantastic, how old is your test kit and what type/brand is it?
The syno shouldn't of died if it was just a small burn wound.

Defiantly do a few water changes on the tank over the next few days just to be safe as well.

Thanks again
Your BlackBerry has a 2MP camera, but you only uploaded photos that were 160x120. For future reference, change the setting on the BlackBerry to take full size 2MP photos, or if its already doing that, don't resize them before uploading :good:. It wasn't so much the quality of the photos that was the problem, it was mainly the size of them :good:.

Synos are great at burning themselves on heaters, and wounds can get infected if water quality isnt fantastic, how old is your test kit and what type/brand is it?
The syno shouldn't of died if it was just a small burn wound.

Defiantly do a few water changes on the tank over the next few days just to be safe as well.

Many thanks for the advice on the pics...I did resize them , but won't do so in future.
My test kit is an API test kit and is 3 months old
I have done a small water change as you suggested, and will do the same again tomorrow....I do believe you are correct about the burn, and it getting infected..I gotta say though I am gutted as I was really fond of this little fella

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back