Swim bladder disease?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

amityv

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, my girlfriend just called freaking out that one of her calico fantails has just passed away. She has 3 of them in a 29 gallon tank, and they are 3 years old and huge. They are absolutley beautiful. But about 3 months ago while i was over to her home, i was watching her fish and all of them was swimming upside down and on there side's, then they would straighten up and swim right. But they kept doing it. I would look in the tank and they would be upside down looking at me. I asked her what they was feeding them and she showed me a can of floating pond fish pellets. I was just wondering if this sounded like swim bladder disease and if so , what actions should they take before they lose the last 2 they have. Thats the only fish they have in the tank also. :(

:huh: Definately a swimbladder problem but I doubt if it is any disease, as you saw them 3 months ago and had problems then. Fancy goldfish are renowned for bladder deformities, feeding dry food doesn't help. Try some frozen bloodworm or similar and if you must feed flake/sticks etc., soak it first. :) Mac.

Most reactions

trending

Back