Swarms of 'mini-shark' beach bugs are on a foot-biting rampage in California

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Oh I hate those things

Are those, those sand fleas?? I catch them sometimes down here...
I didn't know people hated them so much. When I held them they seemed harmless

I live very near the (Gulf of Mexico) coast, and have never encountered these, that I kno of...spent just about every summer at the beach, during my youth

I live very near the (Gulf of Mexico) coast, and have never encountered these, that I kno of...spent just about every summer at the beach, during my youth
Just dig down in a bunch of spots... Your bound to find one

Look at it as a free pedicure, epilation and exfoliation (they are even good enough to let you know how far they have reached by leaving red marks behind).....I mean, OK so sometimes they get a little over excitable and start nibbling where nothing should be nibbling (just take a thicker beach towel to sit on with you next time if that bugs you too much)

Hate the things! When I first moved to Florida a dug a sort of chair in the sand and read for awhile and got infested with the nasty beasts.

Sand fleas or better mole crabs are harmless, creepy but harmless. These little razor blade toting Isopods are completely different than the sweet little "sand piggies"(my kids call them that 😂).

Sand fleas or better mole crabs are harmless, creepy but harmless. These little razor blade toting Isopods are completely different than the sweet little "sand piggies"(my kids call them that 😂).
Lol I like that name!
Glad to hear its two different things...
Cause that ones I catch are peaceful and mind their own business usually all the time... But they look VERY similar to those biting ones

Just picture it......just when you thought it was safe to go onto the sand.....tiny miniature land jaws are waiting, patiently....under that rock or behind that dune....waiting....ready to pounce on the next unsuspecting human foot or freshly oiled buttock.... :oops:

Little do the humans know....they aren't going for a beach picnic.....they ARE the picnic :devil:

"Ooooh this is a nice spot to get the picnic stuff out....kids...of you go and have a paddle whilst me and dad get all the stuff out...and be careful!" :banana:

.....out of earshot...sinister sniggles and giggles come from the sand dunes..... :hyper:

"Look...some new humans....they're having a picnic....fresh meat to nibble...YAY!!!!!! ....lets go get'em boys & girls....." :yahoo:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back