FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TomJH10

Reaction score
So I bought 2 dwarf gouramis about 5 months back and after around a week one died. I put this down to stress as I didn't see any symptoms, he just died but now, the remaining one has recently had a long string of white poop coming out of him constantly so I fed mashed peas for a few days. We now I have come home and he is just lying on the bottom in one spot, not moving and is slightly bloated. I unfortunately believe this is iridovirus from what I have read online which I'm pretty sure means he will simply die which obviously I am upset about, however I also have a Betta in there and I have read that Bettas can be affected by the virus too! What do you suggest I do?? Slightly freaking out ☹️

I would move the betta to another tank or take the gourami out to euthanize it if you're sure it's iridovirus.
When the female of my breeding pair got it then i made sure that is what it had and euthanized her with clove oil.

Ok, thankyou you helped with two of my problems today. Had a bit of a broblematic few days thankyou. The GM has now unfortunately passed away so I took him out, will be monitoring the Betta to make sure he's ok! Thanks for all your help!

Yeah, I think you just have to try your best and if you have a death accept that that is nature and if you tried your best that's all that matters. Thankyou!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back