Survivors

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Well, I was taking a video of my aquarium for a nephew (my sister is doing a pre-school activity for him) and she wanted me to show him an aquarium and describe what's in it etc.

Last 10 seconds of the video I discovered that there were fry in the tank! Had I know the female Silver Molly was going to drop I may have separated her, but the aquarium has a lot of hiding places so some have made it through.

What is especially surprising is that there's a mated pair of Ram Cichlids that roam the bottom perimeter of the tank - and while they have always been docile for me - they don't mind these fry one bit (literally swim right by their face). I've only seen 3 so far but I suspect there may be close to 7 or 8. Pics are attached - I have not wiped the glass recently so it's messing with the shot a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    916.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
Well, I was taking a video of my aquarium for a nephew (my sister is doing a pre-school activity for him) and she wanted me to show him an aquarium and describe what's in it etc.

Last 10 seconds of the video I discovered that there were fry in the tank! Had I know the female Silver Molly was going to drop I may have separated her, but the aquarium has a lot of hiding places so some have made it through.

What is especially surprising is that there's a mated pair of Ram Cichlids that roam the bottom perimeter of the tank - and while they have always been docile for me - they don't mind these fry one bit (literally swim right by their face). I've only seen 3 so far but I suspect there may be close to 7 or 8. Pics are attached - I have not wiped the glass recently so it's messing with the shot a little bit.
Congrats!

Thanks! I'd be even more excited if they were Ram fry, but beggars can't be choosers! My 3 year old doesn't know about the babies yet - he is going to be THRILLED!
I'm sure he wil be thrilled :) When I got first brood of my very first fry, I was thriled all and happy.

Congratulations :-Looks like a week old or so.

That's my guess; it's very large silver Molly and I thought she was ready to drop last week but her body is naturally a squared off shape due to her size (somewhat, at least). Then it appeared that she dropped, but she is so large that she still looks heavily gravid so I thought I imagined it.

She may have a few more, years ago I bread mollies for a short while and some would have all their fry in a day while others if they felt stressed would have a few at a time up to a week or even two later

She may have a few more, years ago I bread mollies for a short while and some would have all their fry in a day while others if they felt stressed would have a few at a time up to a week or even two later

Interesting - she is almost larger than the rams and does not seem stressed in the slightest - but I'll keep an eye out!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back