Surprise Ancistrus breeder

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LarsB

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was aware of the fact, there were male and females in my 29 gal. I was thinking I would set up a dedicated system for breeding, I have normal black long fin males, a brown normal short female, lf ablino female, and 2 blue eye lf females... Dec 5th I find babies out on top of a cave, figure they are 10-14 days old by then. I have since had another brood, same dad. Mom unknown. The ladies have now left the tank, so to curb the population explosion until I figure out what I am doing!
I would love to do more research in the nature of the inheritance of the LF gene. Seems to be almost an incomplete dominate. Does any one know?
Do normal fin to normal fin matings ever produce lf offspring?
Why are normals called normals when there is obviously brown and black individuals?
Looking forward to some lively discussion and education here!!

Attachments

• 20191208_165858 (2).jpg
    20191208_165858 (2).jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 95
Mine are breeding like crazy too in my 29 gallon. Im wondering will the make get a break?
I have red type and one female albino. I had all pure red babies up until this last batch where some brown patterned plecos came out.
no idea what color they will grow into.
I really love watching them. I moved a few to other tanks but I’ll have a lot to sell.

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel! Love watching them, too. I moved the females all out after the 2nd clutch. but I am sure it will not be long, before I have another arrangement going on in the 55!! LOL This is dad, or maybe uncle and some of the babies

Attachments

• DSCN6886_Moment.jpg
    DSCN6886_Moment.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 98
My first brood to spawn in my 55g..
Normal fin normal male, (hoping when I selected him, he would carry albino), all the tank females are LF albino, two have blue eyes, and I believe one of them is mom. Dads sister (albino female, bought in a group I assumed from the same spawn)... but it paid off!
One baby out of the cave, found early this AM, ALBINO! Could not detect eye color before it skirted away.... but here's hoping!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back