The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Moony42

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello TFF.
I have been wanting to do this for a while.
But I couldn't have done this. Without my LFS

And I present to you.....

A predatory tank made by me and my LFS [best friend]

maxresdefault.jpg

A big shout out to my LFS. thank you for your time to see this tank

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Do you have a bigger tank for the Arowana to be moved into in 12 months when they are too big for their current tank?

You will have to watch them both because they can get territorial and fight.

No but I will get one soon.

How big a tank are you planning to buy? Nice fish but needs a bigger tank very soon.

Not to beat a dead horse or to throw shade on anyone. But certain fish rules should always apply to a good fishkeeper. Couple of those rules don't buy fish you don't currently have a home for. And babies (unless breeding/selling/growout) should be housed as if they are adults. Kind of the same rule different wording lol. Anyway I would be proud of that tank too. But never would house those fish in it without a much bigger tank on hand.

I suggest you do online research to see the needs of the fish. These fish require huge tanks...well over 100 gallons....they get very big.

Last edited:
Hey my friend. Just wanted to add because it's been on my mind. May consider getting rid of those rocks. Large heavy decorations with big fish are a no no. Even bigger no no in smaller spaces. They are going to spook at some point. Example: arowana #1 at the top gets spooked. Spins quickly running face to face with arowana #2. Adjust to avoid and smacks his head on the rock. If your lucky a scar and some healing. If your not a heavily and permanently damaged eye or even death. They aren't cheap fish. And primarily bought as a display piece. Doubt you want them all dinged up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back