Superglue On Spraybar

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi, the end cap from the spraybar has started popping off quite frequently and falling in the tank, this is causing a loss of flow, can I suoerglue it back on, is this safe to do ? :unsure:
Any advice appreciated :good:

My stopper came off of my Tetratec1200 and I glued it then found it difficult to clean that section. Stupidly when it happened to the 2nd Tetratec I did exactly the same. Now.both end sections remain dirty

My stopper came off of my Tetratec1200 and I glued it then found it difficult to clean that section. Stupidly when it happened to the 2nd Tetratec I did exactly the same. Now.both end sections remain dirty

:rofl:

Sounds like something I would do, here goes anyway :thumbs:

Superglue is fine BUT I was just about to question using it for the stop end when I read the other post :)

Try and make a shim of some sort with paper or thin card etc rather than sticking it in. Over time it will get pretty yucky if you can't get it out :)

Alternatively try to find a bung somewhere else :)

AC

hey i have the same problem on my ex1200 but i didn't want to super glue it as then its hard to clean the tubes so ive just found away around it i had some spare bungs from my optics and i cut one smaller n used that then put the cap on the other end problem solved

Something like a test tube bung tht wedges in sounds the way forward ;)

I have been to lazy to do it yet :blush:
I am currently using a spraybar from an internal filter, will be getting a sponge for that soon so will need it back :lol: will be on the look for a test tube bung, any ideas where to get such a thing ? :unsure:

I can't belive how simple this was ...
I took an elastic band and cut it , I placed the srip in the back of the cap then inserted the cap into the spraybar, I then trimmed the ends off the elastic band just leaving a tiny bit , it holds tight and if I want to remove the end cap for cleaning I just pull the tiny bit of elastic :good:

not 100% sure but thought id say it to be safe would it not disintegrate and also the pollute the tank? thats y i used an optics bung as its used with liquids that you drink so will be safe.

not 100% sure but thought id say it to be safe would it not disintegrate and also the pollute the tank? thats y i used an optics bung as its used with liquids that you drink so will be safe.

Oh!!! Cheers for the heads up Confish, bung it shall be then :good:

You can use hot melt glue guns for this. The glue is safe for fish or mine would be dead years ago all the times I have used it on tank equipment.

Good to see im not alone with the spray bar option, personally I ditched it all together and just have an open output. Using an eheim internal for aeration.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back