Superfish External Filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

stewoods1

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a superfish external filter ?
I bought a used tank that came with one, it has 750 lph but the flow coming from the output just doesnt seem as much as it should be.

Most filter brands state output rates when there is no media "blocking" the water path. My JBL e701 states 700lph, but the output when media in the baskets is 400lph at best (probably closer to 300-350lph).

All you can do to maximise flow is keep the impeller and its cavity clean of "gunk" that builds up over time, using removed tank water and a cotton bud. Strain the filter media baskets every now and again to remove similar "gunk." How often you do this depends upon factors such as stocking, how much you feed your fish etc.

Ye I was thinking that my fluval 206 is much faster as ive maintained it whilst ive had it with regular cleaning, pity its not big enough.

One more question, would glafoam be a good filter media ?

Be careful, my LFS (www.fish-fish-fish.com) really doesn't rate these. You really get what you pay for with externals.

Yep I dont either it was crap so ive took it out and I am using my fluval 205 for now untill I get the aps 1400 with the uv steriliser

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back