Super Red Mini Ludwigia living up to the name. 5 stars.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
What I'm getting is super mini,mini. Look how small the red leaves are. Maybe half of the ones it had when I ordered it. Those original leaves were larger and some greenish. Its turned red in the sun..but the leaves are tiny. Tiny,and round as far as I can tell.
No Co2,and even in the week and a half of cloudy,rainy bay area weather its red. Unlike other Ludwigia that MUST have Co2 to turn red,Super red mini is almost metallic red on no Co2 and no special fertilizers other than Iron.
It IS SMALL!..very light and airy so far. If you want a bigger look sooner..order three bunches not just the one I did. I'm not sure how tall it gets. It looks to be no more than a foot tall is in its future.

I do have another Ludwigia sp. That is larger in every way..but its not nearly the bright red as this. The other must have Co2 to get red as I was told those cuttings came from a high tech tank. Red when I bought it,..turned green fast and under sunlight...the tops are reddish. Not like Super Red Mini though.
Both Ludwigias are
IMG_1961.JPG
good hardy plants. But if you want color red...Super Ludwigia is the only game in town

So tiny. Looking good

Never seen anything like it on the net. Each leaf is no bigger than the eyeballs on the rainbowfish. Maybe smaller.
I can see it making a 12"..kind of dainty,airy stem plants. Unless,under the much stronger summer sun and me tossing in fertilizer like no tomorrow,they become larger. So far,ferts only made it redder and taller. When I got it,leafs were bigger than this..small still..but larger than the Bonsai leaf this is!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back