Super glue. Gorrila glue. What say you?

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I don't know why I have such a hard time with the idea of using these glues in an aquarium. I know literally a kerjillian people say it's okay so why do I resist? I've tried thread on my moss but I just end up mutilating it. Right now I have some chunks of Christmas Moss just kind of floating around.

I use it all the time. Make sure its dry before it goes back. I leave it for 10-15 minutes in the shrimp tank but everywhere else a couple of minutes after it dries is fine.

Yesterday I re-attached some anubias that were coming adrift in the community tank. I never even removed the wood. Just drained a bit extra at water change time, stuck the plants down and refilled.

Edit: Oh yeah - it dries white so try to stick it in a place where you won't see the glue if that bothers you.

I use it all the time. Make sure its dry before it goes back. I leave it for 10-15 minutes in the shrimp tank but everywhere else a couple of minutes after it dries is fine.

Yesterday I re-attached some anubias that were coming adrift in the community tank. I never even removed the wood. Just drained a bit extra at water change time, stuck the plants down and refilled.

Edit: Oh yeah - it dries white so try to stick it in a place where you won't see the glue if that bothers you.
Which type of glue do you use? If it dries white it might be Gorilla Glue, right?

It may sound crazy but I have Gorilla Glue and I know where it's at in my house right now.
I'm pretty sure I know that it dries white and I'm kind of clumsy so I avoid that.

But everytime I get enough confidence to use super glue I can't find my super glue.
Although when I don't want my super glue it seems to be right in front of me.

I lack organizational skills.

Which type of glue do you use? If it dries white it might be Gorilla Glue, right?

It may sound crazy but I have Gorilla Glue and I know where it's at in my house right now.
I'm pretty sure I know that it dries white and I'm kind of clumsy so I avoid that.
Gorilla glue is superglue. Cyanoacrylate is the active ingredient in both. I just checked on a tube of loctite and gorilla glue. The gel is easier to work with and sticks better on wet surfaces.

Gorilla glue is superglue. Cyanoacrylate is the active ingredient in both. I just checked on a tube of loctite and gorilla glue. The gel is easier to work with and sticks better on wet surfaces.
Thanks!

im wondering how toxic is that for fish friends as I used super glue for my filtration system.

I personally wouldn’t use gorilla glue. I use super glue, I let it dry for 5 minutes before I put it back in my tank. If I’m putting in on a plant (gluing java ferns on lava rock) I usually wait a little less, so the plant doesn’t dry out.

By " gel "
Do you mean Gorilla glue is superglue-gel?
I hate to spend money on stuff I don't need.
Maybe I have some Locktite somewhere.

WHY do I continue with the paranoia WHY !!??!!
Oh yeah, love little creatures better make sure!!!

Gorilla glue is a brand of super glue. Super glue is cyanoacrylate regardless of what the brand is. (i just looked at Gorilla Glue website,the gel is cyanoacrylate) Just make sure it has completely set before putting it in the tank.

What do you think about using those plastic covered metal twisters that are used for bread and other things to attach Java ferns? You could take them off easy enough when the fern has attached itself.

I knew someone would connect it to the band "Bread" which was one of my favorite bands as a teenager.:yahoo: No I mean bread bags ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back