Sunflowers Anyone ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kizz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well me and my son have successfully grown sunflowers indoors . We bought 2 diffrent kinds and i'm now over run with them ! I currently have 12 Pots of at least 6 Seedlings in each pot .fobbed off as many as i can on my family ...Anyone else want any ? all you gotta cover is postal costs and i'll send them down :D

Oh yeah and how can i post without breaking the stems ? Was thinking just putting some compost in a padded envelope and putting seedlings in :D would that work ? All seedling will be over 4" in height

:D

Yeah, I'd just cover the whole plant in compost. It should protect it. I would take them from you, put I have plent yof my own( hybrids and regulars) and I also live across the pond.

Cheers for that Krib will bear it mind if anyone wants them can't beleive how quickely they grow ! Also got some Chrysanthemum growing too .Hate not having a garden ! Anyone one walking past must think i'm doing a bit of home grown ;) lol

lol. I have a garden, it's not very big. I like to pack things together( space saving!):
Tomatoes( 12 plants)
Sunflowers( around 12 of them)
Strawberries( around 14 of them)
Lettuce( 5 rows of them)
Beans( 8 rows of them)
Watermelons(2 of them)
Zuchinni( 1 of them)
Cucumber(3 of them)
Grapes( 2 of them, not sure if they will sprout, bought them as root stock yesterday)
Blueberry( 2 of them. One is covered in blueberries, the other is a root stock I bought yesterday, so I don't know if it will make it)
Yellow Coneflowers( 3 big bushes)
Purple Coneflowers( 2 small clusters)
Red Milk weed( VERY PRETTY, 1 cluster of 4 plants)

Thats it

Ohhh your making me jealous !!! I so want a garden ! My only option is to try and get an allotment ! But i want a garden ! big huge pond lovely pond plants Cherry blossom tree's Veg patch and flower beds !! :(

Where you from in order to grow watermelons ? lol

you want one ? lol can be grown indoors aswell as out just need to make sure they have a really sunny spot on the window sill for constant daylight . My tallest is just over a foot already and was only planted 3 weeks ago today

you want one ? lol can be grown indoors aswell as out just need to make sure they have a really sunny spot on the window sill for constant daylight . My tallest is just over a foot already and was only planted 3 weeks ago today

I have an ideal spot, although when it got bigger I'd have to move it outside LOL. They grow reaaally big don't they?

I think I'm maybe near-ish to you. Just looked it up, you're nearby my college come September. How quickly are you wanting them gone? Just that, I could arrange to meet if you're worried about posting them - I'm at Oatridge College in Ecclesmachan on June 5th(but it is early, probably be out of there about 11am or thereabouts).

I have an idea for shipping. Put the Sunflower(s) in a small box then put the box in one of those yellow folder things with bubble wrap in them. Make sure, when you take the Sunflower out, you don't disturb the roots. And before you close the box, take a spray bottle and throughly spray them( i mean, you want it muddy). If not, the heat will kill them.

I have an ideal spot, although when it got bigger I'd have to move it outside LOL. They grow reaaally big don't they?

I think I'm maybe near-ish to you. Just looked it up, you're nearby my college come September. How quickly are you wanting them gone? Just that, I could arrange to meet if you're worried about posting them - I'm at Oatridge College in Ecclesmachan on June 5th(but it is early, probably be out of there about 11am or thereabouts).

When growing indoors they won't grow to the full 12-15 foot you'd get outdoors .Reading up on the net they can grow to around 6 foot for the yellow ones i also have some red ones that will only grow to 4-5 foot indoors.

Oatridge college is just up the road from where i stay . On that day i start my work at 12 . If you could make to broxburn before then . I could meet you and hand them over or i have no problem posting them out as it would only take a day to get to you through first class post . Will go to the P/O today and see what's the biggest padded envelope they stock and see which ones i can fit inside . Ideally want some of them gone ASAP so i can larger ones repotted some of them have grown 6cm in a week ! Will try and get some pic's up of them

If not, the heat will kill them.
We stay in scotland mate the chance of the heat killing them is ver VERY slim ! lol more likely the lack of heat could kill them !

Probably easiest just to post - before they get any bigger!
I'll take two if it's not too much trouble, and if possible the red - flowers in here seem to grow rapidly :lol: Never seen a red sunflower either, looked it up on google - looks lovely!

Well up here in bonni scotland tomorrow is meant to be the hottest day of the year at 23C so ...:S lol thats warm for here too ! lol average is normally aroun 10-14C in spring can go to freezing at night and we had hail stones 2 weeks back lol

If you pm me your address GT i'll get the postage priced up for you will pm a mod just incase we can't sell like this due to new rules

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back