Sunfish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Oddballer0412

Reaction score
Does anybody know what tempature these need? I will prolly put a bluegill or red eared in my tank.

Like wild sunfish? If so they can go in very. VERY cold water. I go ice fishing in the winter and one time I took the temp of the water and it was like 28f. :) They are really cool fish to have. I have had them in a 10g with a couple others when they where like a inch long (I was like 7 at the time)

Like wild sunfish? If so they can go in very. VERY cold water. I go ice fishing in the winter and one time I took the temp of the water and it was like 28f. :) They are really cool fish to have. I have had them in a 10g with a couple others when they where like a inch long (I was like 7 at the time)
Yea Im thinking about putting some really small ones in a 10 gallon but I cant catch the size or species that I want.

I'm guessing you're in the U.S. What part of the country are you in? You should be able to find Bluegills in any small pond or lake, or even in drainage ditches.

I'm guessing you're in the U.S. What part of the country are you in? You should be able to find Bluegills in any small pond or lake, or even in drainage ditches.
Yea I can get one whenever I want....

I'm coming in late on this posting, I know, but if you only have a 10 gal to work with have you considered some okeefenokee pygmy sunfish? They're gorgeous and they won't grow to tank busting size...

Would just like to say, this topic stunned me.

To me a "Sunfish" is a mola mola, which weighs a tonne at adult size. http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/AnimalDetails.aspx?enc=C53nR+hhcrXgfKW+bt/MWA

Would just like to say, this topic stunned me.

To me a "Sunfish" is a mola mola, which weighs a tonne at adult size. http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/AnimalDetails.aspx?enc=C53nR+hhcrXgfKW+bt/MWA
Different sunfish lol. We are talking about fish that top out at an absolute maximum at 4 pounds, though most are much smaller

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back