Suitable Fish For Tmc 30, 6.6 Gallon

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

josh_g

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So as the title says. I plan on purchasing one of these in the new year an would like to know what sort of options I have for it. Many thanks

Is there any type of clown I can fit in there?

Oh! Just realized this was marine! Lol

This will be very difficult to keep. Sorry, no clowns. I have one that is currently 2 1/2-3" long.

I've heard nanos are difficult to keep. I used to have a 4ft reef setup using a sump but unfortunately a nano is all I have room for now :(

I hate when its like that. Would it be possible for a 10 gallon? I kept my clown in there.

10 gallon is possible. But I really like the idea of the tmc nano. With all the equipment nice and neatly tucked away at the back. Do you know of any decent 10gallon all in 1 set ups? Thanks

Someone on a local trading website has a tmc 15l for sale for £15 other than small corals is there anything that could go in there? shrimp,hermit crabs?

A 15L is tiny and going to require incredibly frequent maintenance to keep it looking nice and healthy. There aren't a lot of options for tanks this small. Like you said it's largly tiny corals and a couple small Crustaceans and a snail or two. If you really only want a hermit crab or two it will work out - but is that really what you want animal-wise? I have kept hermit tanks like that, but hermits are one of my main points of interest in the hobby so I'm a bit of an oddball for doing that. If you love hermits and tiny shrimp then great - there are some interesting-looking ones out there. There are also some beautiful predatory snails that could be housed in a species tank that size with just a bit of live rock. Similarly you can do some of the smaller mantis species like Neogonodactylus in tanks that size as a species tank (but with an acrylic tank! Wouldn't do glass because they tend to be super-thin at that size). But, the risk is that if you get bored with whatever tiny critters you put in there, you will be temped to overstock. Paritcularly if you are a fish person rather than an invert person, then you need to be looking at bigger tanks.

A few companies, JBJ for example, have 12 gallon nano cubes that hide everything in the back. They usually aren't too difficult to find used for a reasonable price. As far as fish for a 6 gallon maybe a single Clown or Neon Goby with a few specimens of zoas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back